Monday, April 27, 2020

Day 34

I know yesterday was the perfect day (a reference to Miss Congeniality) but today really is. The sun is out, it is quiet this morning in the neighborhood, the grass is so green, the birds are singing, and the flowers are blooming. The finches continue to grow and one day their little head will peep out over the nest cup and chirp at me when I come out the front door.

Somehow it is all going to be ok.  We are a strong country and weathered a lot in our life.  So buckle up little campers, put your big girl panties on and get those projects done cos before you know it we will be back to running like a madman and no time to do what we want.

It is ant season.  I know they don't hurt anything however I just don't want them in the house looking for food, let them stay outside where they belong.  I found a recipe for ant spray all natural online so i made a bottle. When it says to be careful of the overflow they were not kidding.  You need a LARGE mixing bowl for this recipe.  I used a tall spray bottle that I had in the laundry room. Why I had 2 bottles of water for squirting is beyond me, but...
Take 2 cups apple cider vinegar and mix with 2 tablespoons baking soda and pour the soda in slowly and carefully as all of a sudden you will have some serious foam.  Then put 2 tablespoons dish soap in and stir and get ready for some more foam but not as much.  Pour this mixture into the spray bottle carefully and hold over something. I used a measuring cup to pour in and held over the mixing bowl.  Then add water to fill the spray bottle. You need to fill slowly cos the foam will start up again.  Then spray where they come in. I have the kitchen and front door and went out and sprayed from the outside around the frame.  This is kid and pet safe.  So give it a try and i will see how it does.

Had another knit group on Zoom today.  While it is not like getting together in person cos the host always has food, we still get to talk to each other and make sure everyone is doing ok.

 I went and got the week's worth of mail.  Not much in the mailbox these days, which is fine with me.  There was a nice little surprise from my car insurance company, would buy about a tank and a half of gas.. It is better than nothing. 

Look how big they are already.  Yes I know one was getting for a poop shot but hey it is pretty funny cos you know we all duck when we see that coming at us.


No comments: