Sunday, May 17, 2020

Now What?

So now that we have been sort of set free what do we do?  My mom is still in quarantine and who knows for how long.  At least she can walk around the parking lot to at least get out and get some sun and fresh air.

I have looked at my calendar while I had a free couple of months with nothing but set the trash out and a couple Zoom knit meetings.  I find they reason I don't get as much done as I want is because there are too many outside activities.  I have to admit I did not really miss most of the stuff I did outside of the house, so my goal for the rest of the year is to keep my calendar as empty as possible so I can do what I want to. 

I went back to Menards and got 20 bags of rock to put down next week in my flower bed, supposed to be perfect yard weather and no rain, in the 70's and low 80's.  Early morning yard work will be done and then come in and work inside.  There was no one to help me load the rock in my car, I asked for help but kept waiting.  Finally a guy came and backed up as he was getting bags of rock right next to what I wanted and asked if I needed help. I told him I was waiting on someone, and he said I'll get it for you. So he loaded my car so I could just pull them out and lay them in my garage and then filled his truck.  I really appreciate his help because I could have still been there.

We have 3 eggs:

I ordered a pattern for making an oval rag a muffin rug.  I remember my dad talking about making rugs out of bread wrappers to put on the floor because they could not afford to buy one.  He would take the wrappers and crochet rugs for the house.  I have a lot of fabric I was going to give away but I think I will just take it and make scraps rugs for the house.  They can be thrown in the washer and should last for a very long time and who cares what color they are. 

I also ordered a book that came with a DVD to learn how to tat. I started a class 4 years ago but my mom had a heart attack before the 2nd class and therefore I never finished it.  I have wanted to learn this craft as well, and why not.  I have a whole shelf unit full of crochet thread and I can only use so many doilys, yes I still use them, I love them.  I really dont' need any more crafts but...

No comments: