Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Day 50

Will it ever end?  Today is dark and cloudy waiting for the rain to start for the next few days.

Up at 3am with the middle kit hacking all over the house. She is at the vet now, probably something she ate, she is a goat if there is something on the floor she will eat it.  I can't watch her 24/7.  She is getting fluids and will come home with some meds and me a large vet bill.  Oh well they are my children and if you have a pet you need to take care of them.  I left the house a little after 7 this morning to drop her off and the traffic was almost non-existent.  It was rush hour and the interstate should have been packed starting to back up where I got off to head to the vet.  But nope.  Just weird.

I hear baseball will start up in July, no fans allowed and games will be regional.  Really how am I supposed to watch my Dodgers if they don't play in this area?  I think my neighborhood pool will open but I don't care as I don't swim and little boys pee in the pool.  EWWWW.

Rumor has it church starts back up June 7th with a soft opening, what does that mean. The building is so small and with our average 75 we can not 6 feet apart.  I am Liturgist for June so maybe I won't have to do that and we get a new preacher.

My kit is home and wandering messing with the other two cos she is the bully of the 3. Whining for food, just a bit not too much to make her sick. She had fluids so there will be lots of peeing this afternoon.  All is right with the house once again.  Well her feeling good did not last long, half an hour after she ate it was back up.  She just came downstairs after 3 hours upstairs just laying around.  Vet said it may take her awhile to get over what she ate and her system did not like it.  Once again the lack of traffic is just weird and kind of creepy.

D27 sent a postcard, remember she has a transmitter on her.  From RRP:

Where is D27? The just-over three-year-old eaglet sent a postcard from the Frankville, Iowa area a couple of days ago! Brett wrote: "D-27 completed a cool loop heading ESE into WI for a few days, definitely out of her typical winter range, and eventually returned to the east side of her winter range near Frankville, IA. The visit to Patch Grove, WI was curious, as that is the farthest into WI she has ever been. I wonder if she saw some other eagles foraging off to the east and went to check it out?"
Could D27 see to Patch Grove from the Mississippi River? At a mile high, the horizon is about 89 miles away. At two miles high, the horizon is about 125 miles away. D27 made a series of short flights - the longest was 29 miles - south and east: first to the Mississippi River and then to Patch Grove. Her journey from the river to Patch Grove was just five miles: well within the limits of the horizon and just close enough to see a group of eagles foraging and in flight. I also wonder if a kettle of turkey vultures might attract her attention. Vultures follow Tawny and Steppe eagles. Would a hungry, wandering eagle follow vultures?
My guess on D27's migratory departure date has already passed. Feel free to make your guess in the comments. As always, we wish her favorable winds and clear skies. Wherever and whenever you leave, D27, don't forget to write!


How did they get so big?








No comments: