Monday, May 25, 2020

Soft Opening

We had a "soft opening" at church today.  I have no idea what that means.  We had 16 total and we all kept our distances. I got under my fan cos it was warm and muggy and the a/c was NOT on.  We had a regular service, however no bulletin, no attendance sheet, no screen with songs, etc on it, no communion,  and for those not there there was Facebook live. Have no idea how many were on there.

I went cos I miss some of my friends, there are 9 of us women who do lunch after church.  There was 3 of us there today.  We decided we would do a picnic lunch in the park instead of going out to eat, so we are bringing a lunch and have our lunch in the park afterwards.  Next week we are doubling the size and the next Sunday we will be Full House.

You can take me away from the building but you can't take me away from my walk with God.  I don't need to attend church in a building to be close to God, in fact I feel closest when I am working in the yard.  There is green grass, trees, flowers, bees, birds, butterflies, bunnies, squirrels, and at night deer and often coyotes and an occasional fox.   

I have been working on a commission project, a Unicorn for a little girl, yesterday I got the head done and today I am working on the body.  Dad always told me Sunday was for a day of rest, so knitting and hanging out with my friends counts as resting right?

Had a Zoom for one of my knit groups. 

I came across this article on pincushions.   https://www.acsilver.co.uk/acsnews/2018/12/23/the-art-of-pin-cushions/




No comments: