Saturday, February 09, 2008

Life is Short-Wear Your Party Pants

I have been cleaning one room at a time in my house. IN the room where my computer is I have my 3 piece bookcase/desk set I had in grade school. Probably the best $100 my parents ever spent.

I found this book that I had bought several years ago that was suggested to me by someone. thanks whoever you are. I noticed I had bookmarked several pages, sticky notes, other notes, etc so it must have meant a lot to me then. I started re-reading it.

So bear with me when I quote things from it that strike me as funny or poignant. I always tell people at work that some people are like a pimple on my butt, very annoying but they just won't go away. So in this book she is talking about these ladies who obsess over their towels and pillows and she says as well all know many times we focus on the small things but it is the larger things that are really bugging us. ...But whateve the reason, the effect is that we can take something that's as insignificant as a pimple on an elephant butt and make it into a nuclear conflict... When you think about it it is pretty funny.

Get a copy of the book it makes for a very fun read and makes you think about things. Put it on your Bucket List.

No comments: