Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Bullies, snow and Gingerbread Houses

I saw on the news something that disturbed me and makes me think this is what is wrong with children today. There is a new anti-bully program in school where if you are picking on someone you have to sign a piece of paper that says I called Suzie a fat cow and you get something taken away like recess or some privilege. Ok when I was a kid there were bullies, but they were spanked and sent home with a note that they were spanked in school and most were then spanked again at home; and after a couple spankings they were not bullies anymore. If I was a bully in school this would mean nothing to me, so big deal i had to sign a piece of paper that said I called someone something or pushed them down. Do teachers not understand why kids are bullies, insecurity begins at home, perhaps their dad was a bully and to make his son a man he teaches him to be a bully. Unbelievable the pansy kids being raised today with no discipline at all. I know my generation is to blame for all of this but perhaps it is not too late to take it all back and instill discipline again. My mother hates it when we are out somewhere and some brat needs their butt spanked and the mother says I'm counting. DOnt you just want to smack the mom? Dont even get me started on why children should be spanked, there is a huge difference between a smack on the butt and child abuse and spanking is NOT child abuse. I got spanked a lot as a kid, not that I deserved it, but I turned out to be a decent human being who believes in discipline and can take care of myself. I have never murdered anyone (ok there have been some bosses who I vision getting flattened by a semi on their way to work-but who hasn't?) NOt all kids turn out to hurt people that were spanked years ago, most of us are decent responsible human beings.

We had our 28th snow event last night, enough already, make it go away. NO wonder there are bullies out there, we are sick of winter and need to take our frustrations out on someone or something.

I love Martha, how cool is she and boy is she packing onthe pounds again. Yesterday she had everyone bring something they had knitted and all were knitting. The lady I mentioned a week or so ago that had the knitted gingerbread house was also on. She is beginning to start on her next project so if you want to participate email her at: alisonmmurray@yahoo.com. I plan on getting in on this latest adventure.

No comments: