Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Irish Knitting Poem

LOVE THIS ONE:Go On With Your Knittin'(Unknown Irish Poet)When the folks next to you act like those in the zooA grumblin', growlin' and spittin'It's a pretty good planTo be as calm as you canAnd do something useful?like knittin'.When a gossipin' Susan with poison barbed tongueComes into the room where you're sittin'And starts to defameSome neighbor's good nameCount your stitches out loud and keep knittin'.When there's been a slight misunderstandin' at the churchAnd others hint broadly of quittin'Why the very best thingYou can do is to singAnd stay at your post and keep knittin'.When Satan moves in with his cohorts of sinSay, "You'll never find me submitin'.You irk me I findSo get thee behindAnd please don't disturb me?I'M KNITTIN!"

No comments: