Monday, May 05, 2008

Patience

Last week finally Blue Moon Fiber Arts had the sock monkey pattern up for sale. The Yarn Harlot's blog said it would be a week before it was ready for sale but it was more like two weeks. Yes when a knitter finds a pattern or yarn she wants it NOW. So here I am Wednesday morning at 6:30am on their website checking every 15 minutes, mind you they are two hours behind me, but hey they said wednesday, shouldn't that mean anyone on Wed could get it no matter what the time? Patience gone at 1pm my time I called, well it should be about 3:30 our time, ok by the time I got home it should be there, nope, not even at 7:45 so I gave up. Thursday morning I looked and there it is the pattern and kits, so no patience me ordered a kit and a pattern thinking perhaps the pattern would be pdf'ed to me in an hour. NOPE. How can they do this to me? So now I await the pattern and my kit. I could have at least one monkey done over the weekend. I do have plans for various monkeys for the people in my life to give as gifts and make a scrapbook. You will see them here as they get created.

I picked up the Yarn Harlot's new book: Things I Learned from Knitting...whether I wanted to or not. She talks about knitters being patient, well only when we are knitting. Take our knitting away and we pace like a chicken with its head cut off spurting blood all over, ok we spew venom cos our knitting has been taken away. It is a little pocket book. Buy a copy you will laugh your arse off.

No comments: