Monday, May 19, 2008

Joyce Meyer

Friday and Saturday were spent with Joyce Meyer and hundreds of other people. I have to say she is as amazing in person as on TV, she made us laugh, think, cry, and ponder our lives. She is so down to earth and so is her husband. He came out Friday and talked for a few minutes on why America is falling apart, this country was founded on religious freedom and now it is being taken away because we have let it.

I was very upset no media attention, no ads in the paper, no TV or radio crews present but one religious radio station, nothing. However that did not stop people from getting to the conference and worshipping.

I think one of the things she said that stuck out most to me is Silence is Agreement. If we don't speak up then no one knows we are opposed to anything. Unfortunately I don't have that problem, sometimes I speak out too much but people always know where I stand. So America stand up for yourselves, tell Congress we are tired of the war, the immigrants, the crap going on, bring prayer and the Pledge back to the schools where they belong, put criminals away-no more deals. It is time we take America back. After all look what Daniel and David did with their faith.

If you ever get a chance to hear her speak, you should go, her conferences are free and not much in life is free anymore without a price to pay later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the conference! I'm still trying to make a way to see Joyce in Houston in November. She's going to be visiting Lakewood with Joel and Victoria Osteen! Joyce's conferences are SUCH a blessing!