Monday, May 12, 2008

Funky Monkey


Finally I got my Funky Monkey kit on Thursday when I got home. I ordered it a week ago on Thursday at 6:30 am my time. Which means by the time they got to work they should have processed the order that day. Well my order got mailed a week ago today. I have to say I may think twice about ordering from them again. ANyway I made my first one and I came up with a whole list of monkeys I need to make. My first one did not look like a monkey to me so I re-wrote the pattern for my future ones. I knitted the mouth for 2 rows before I started the decreases, and the same with the tail area. I also figured out how to wy the arms so they don't have to be sewed on later. I named him Pimp Daddy, not a good picture but they are really cute. They take about 4 hours to make because they have too many pieces and small things to be done. So I am making a scrapbook of my monkeys. I introduce Pimp Daddy to you. These are made with sock yarn, however I have one on the needles now with dishcloth yarn. It is a little larger but it looks better with the mouth and tail larger.


No comments: