Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Day One

Today starts 30 days that my city is basically kind of shut down.  Many business are closed til end of April, schools are closed, churches are closed.  Restaurants are dark inside with no cars in the parking lot but many are doing curb side service.  I have sort of been staying at home for the past 2 weeks and I have to admit even though I am retired I am usually out and about almost daily doing something like my charity works.  My April calendar barely has anything on it.  I like everyone else have that huge list of things to do.  It is time to start yard work but between last week and this one the yard is one giant sponge so not much gonna be done except tomorrow will be 70 so I need to get my first application down weed and feed.  It is just that when you know you have to stay home you don't want to.  You don't want to do anything on the list.  So my goal this week is I have enough elastic for 37 masks and I will get  those made up and get my yard application down, that should be enough, right?  I need to clean out my house and my basement needs a huge overhaul (my craft room) and that will be done.  I have yarn, fabric, books, cross stitch kits, etc etc etc to keep me busy til after I die.  So what are you doing during your staycation?

The one thing I will really miss Easter services.  Maybe I will have my own sunrise service in my driveway.  Bring your coffee I will make a coffee cake and come join me at sunrise.

No comments: