Monday, June 09, 2008

WWKIPD

Unless you are a die hard knitter you probably have no idea what WWKIPD is. OK it is June 14th and World Wide Knit In Public Day. And that is where I will be smack dab in the middle of Public at my niece's graduation. I have informed my family I will be knitting on a sock of course in honor of the Yarn Harlot's 40th birthday as well. I talked to my niece on Friday and told her I really wanted her to carry my SIP (sock in progress) across the stage and she informed me grandma (my mom) would not like that and neither would her dad or my dad, so ok I will just have her hold it in her robe and snap a picture. So if you are a knitter take your knitting out in public for part of the day, sometimes you can strike up an interesting conversation with people, especially non knitters.

No comments: