Monday, June 09, 2008

Ice Road Truckers

Here is a show I got hooked on yesterday. I was watching the last few shows of last season and taped the season premiere. It is on the History channel on Sunday nights. These guys drive from Yellow Knife upwards to 400 miles over a frozen lake of a solid sheet of glass, they also drive at night through blinding snowstorms. Last year their goal was to make 10,000 loads before the ice started melting and they could go not get to their destination, they made 10,992 loads. They also have a contest to see who gets the most loads, the winner got 37 loads in 72 days and made almost $60K.
At first I thought these guys had a lot of faith, but I think they are just egotistical. The show will make you sit on the edge of your seat. Imagine hauling 162K tons of stuff over ice wondering if the ice will hold you and your load. Definitely not a job for me.

No comments: