Monday, June 02, 2008

Ugly People

I am not talking about the physically ugly people, I am talking about the people who are ugly on the inside. I belong to several online knitting groups. One in particular one of the members made a request to knit washcloths for the troops. I feel anything we can do for them is so miniscule for what they are doing for us, but it is something I can do and with much thanks for what they do. One ugly woman said that it is their job and why should we be doing anything for them. How ugly can a person get? They are not asking for things, groups are springing up giving them little tokens of thanks and love and prayer. So this proceeded to gather up the email writings like crazy and since Thursday this has clogged this group's emails. Several people have dropped out (personnally just hit the delete key) and the moderator has not chimed in yet, wonder why?

Any way do you ever wonder where these ugly people come from? Did something so awful happen to them as children they can't be anything but ugly? ONe lady emailed and said she would pray for this woman which I am sure made her even more angry.

I feel anything I can do to say thanks for what they are doing is so small. I can not imagine being in Iraq with minimal pay wondering if it is your last day on earth and watching others die. Something that will live with them all their lives. I have no right to be ugly about them. So if you can pitch in and send some small token of thanks to the troops please take the time to do so.

No comments: