Thursday, August 04, 2022

Who Am I?

 So let me go back almost a year ago and explain how I came to be.  Someone decided the store needed a mascot.  Since we collect used craft, school and office supplies, and various other things and re-sell them, the whole purpose of the store is you walk in see all the wonderful things at cheap prices and voila the light bulb goes off.  So I became a light bulb.  After much trial and error I came about.  There is a flat Scrappy for people to color and take with them and post pictures and there is a somewhat flat felt kit you can make.  But there is only one of me, well 2 but one is only my model that my dresser uses to make sure all my outfits will fit.  

Sometimes I wish I had hair there is so much more my dresser could do with me, but alas light bulbs do not have hair, so she uses hats and headbands to try and cover my huge head.

It all started last year in October when my dresser was asked to make me a Halloween costume, she had many ideas but nothing worked because I only have a 2" long body to work with.  Once the bug hit she decided I needed an outfit for every month centering on the holiday, so I became a turkey for November, had an ugly xmas sweater for December, had a snow outfit for January and so on.

Because I kept getting moved a lot around the store my dresser thought i needed a place to be, so my studio apartment happened, 2 solid weeks of drawings, measuring, painting, etc and my place came about.  I am enclosed in a box so things can not be stolen ( the 2 birds in the feeder were stolen this summer) and I could still be seen.

I have a Siamese cat named Light Bulb (duh).  The next big project is for me to get a Jeep followed by a camper, she shed, and a 2nd floor with a bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom.

I got a swimming pool this summer, you may have seen me kicking back on Facebook or perhaps Instagram.  My dresser is not on Instagram but you can catch me periodically on her FB page or ScrapsKC FB page. 

Stay tuned for my further dressings, events, etc.

My model only has the body but my dresser knows how long the arms and legs are.



Me chillaxing in my pool which is really a very large coffee mug with styrofoam peanuts in the bottom with a piece of foam covered in scrapbook paper for the water.  

(Side Note:  my dresser has been wanting to do another yarn bomb so this is her somewhat version of yarn bombing, satisfies the need for her brain to be be busy)





No comments: