Monday, June 15, 2020

Empty Nest Syndrome

Yesterday I went out to take a pic of the baby finches, and found the nest empty. I kind of panicked and looked all over the flower bed, no feathers or birds or nothing.  I then got to thinking maybe they fledged and I was just not paying attention to the days.  They hatched May 31st so it would be right for them to fledge and they do so 10-14 days after hatching.  So I hope they are ok. Now will there be more eggs next weekend?

My dad always had a patch of asparagus. I have a hard plastic whiskey barrel that I have moved under the eaves of the house and am planting my asparagus in there.  So I will haul some dirt around front and fill it and plant it in hopes I can have asparagus next year.  Next year the rhubarb goes in, cos dad always had a patch of it as well. 

Mr Hawk has been around a lot lately, this morning I was working in the front yard and he buzzed over my head, kind of freaked me out.  It got very quiet, somehow the birds know when he is around. I found bunny fur in the front yard so either he had a meal or the feral female did. 

No comments: