Sunday, June 21, 2020

I Have Lost My Mind

Every so often a pattern comes along that I just have to try.  Several years ago it was an Alice Starmore Fair Sweater, Water Lily. Her patterns are so garish in color and I don't have the skill to re-work the colors to make them look good that I did Lily because they are colors I would wear.

Next thing you know this cross stitch patterns comes across my FB feed.  Several of my online friends received it as well so now we are thinking of doing a life long stitch along.  I can't decide which color to use. I was going to do periwinkle and white for my bedroom but putting this much work into a piece deserves to be seen. So I have a wall in my living room where it will just perfectly fit, so what color now?  My current color is terra cotta but I want to go teal, so I am going to look for teal thread to use.  I actually had a yard of white 16ct aida in my stash, I wanted 18ct but hey I have this so I will use it.  I am thinking maybe I want to go off white with the teal instead of white thread.  I am gonna go look at colors this week and see what I like.  I could do teal and gold as I like those 2 colors together and I did make the IC gala shawl in those 2 colors this year.

Here is the piece, yes I have lost my mind. 
https://www.longdogsampler.com/?fbclid=IwAR0nnRTFyBsZ058i-HLJIq5P-5mkB79tpynk-Y7ZVf3DD5cfi6044o3-b7g

Pandemic

No comments: