Sunday, September 22, 2019

Week 23 Luxury Part 2


* How do you make personal time amidst the busyness of domestic life?

* What do you serve for afternoon teas?

* How long since you've sat around the table with family or friends and enjoyed a morning or afternoon tea feast? Is it time you did?

* What do you keep handy to pick up and relax with when short periods of rest fall in your lap?
 
 
Although I am retired I still don't have a lot of free time. Seems if I have one free day with nothing on my calendar during the week my mother somehow knows and finds a way to use it up.  I have got to the point where I tell her no more often because I need my time to de-stress from dealing with elderly parents. 
 
I am not a hot tea person, i was raised on coffee. I do like iced tea but it is not an event but a drink for those hot summer days.  I do love a good scone though.  I have often though of making a scone cookbook for me with all my fav recipes.  I even took a class on making them.  That butter needs to be cold to pop in that hot oven to give the scone the flakiness and don't over bake them so they are hard as rocks.  

I have a leather chair in my living room that has a good light behind it and has wide arms.  There are always a couple projects either on the left arm or around the chair.  My mood depends on which project I pick up to work.  I always tell people just knit one row a day or 10 minutes.  Knitting calms me I don't care how easy or difficult the project, I get in my zone and the whole world goes away. 
 
 
 
 

No comments: