Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Joy

This morning it was so cloudy I could not get a picture of the web and as I walked out the front door to the right of my porch was a new web. I thought Charlotte had moved as it was out of the way, nope I have a new spider, much smaller and a bright orange.  Since Charlotte named her daughters I have named her Joy.  So now I have 2 spiders to watch.  Charlotte has zipped her web already and is napping, not sure she had a snack this morning and Joy runs to the top by the overhang when I come out the front door.  Her nest is so tucked in the shade I can not get a picture of it but it is much smaller than Charlotte's and attached to the bird feeder.


This is Joy, her web is almost perfect but so light you can not see it with the clouds. It is also protected from the sun by the porch.
This is Charlotte packing  up her web before she naps til dark.  They are fascinating to watch.

No comments: