Thursday, July 30, 2020

Where Are You?

I have an electric ice cream maker.  I don't use it very often but a friend of mine posted the ice cream she made from hers and got me to thinking, I need to make some.  I know the bowl is in the freezer downstairs and the book is in one of the drawers in the work center in the Kitchen.  But where is the base?  I looked all the places I thought it could be and nope.  I tore the kitchen apart and nope not there, how about the laundry room where I keep appliances on top of the shelves, nope not there either.  OK I give up where can it be?  I would not give it away or throw it away so where is it?  I bet the cats hid it.

The more I thought about it the more I decided I wanted to make ice cream it was in the 90's with heat index of over 100.  SO I went online and was amazed at how much they cost these days, I sound like my dad.  I found one at Kohl's half price and another half off with rewards and percents off.  It is cute and small and makes a cup which is ok.  It is really bothering me that I can't find the base of mine, so I went looking online to see if I could just buy the base. Nope I can buy the bowl but not the base. 

SOOOOO..... I ordered a whole one and figured now I have a spare bowl cos they have to be in the freezer for 24 hours in between batches and I can always have ice cream on hand when I want it.  It will be here Tuesday and I can start making ice cream.

Peaches and berries are on sale so I see some summer ice creams and sorbets on my list of things to do.  Afterall we are stuck at home, we may as well eat ice cream.

No comments: