Sunday, August 11, 2019

Birthday Gifts

Every year I splurge and buy myself a birthday gift, something I really want.  So this year I got 2, why not.  A friend posted this kit on FB and I just had to have it. I really only wanted the pattern and now you can get it over there, so it came.  I had an orange cat as my first and so this will be perfect.  You kind of make it like a sock, so perfect for my obsession of knitting socks.  How cute is this?



I have wanted to learn to spin. I took a class and it was a disaster, the teacher was awful. I bought a wheel as my retirement gift and it has sat because family issues came up and I have never got back to learning how.  So another friend posted this on FB and I thought maybe if I could skip the part of the feet and hand coordination and just concentrate on my hand work I can learn how to spin.  And of course they had purple, so my second gift came on the same day as my sock cat kit.  Yes it is small but I need to simplify my learning to someday get all the parts working to make my own yarn.  One of the things on my bucket list. 


No comments: