Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Week 22 Luxury Part 1

1. What would you read with chocolate?

2. What are the luxuries in your life?

3. Are you adventurous enough to sew from a foreign book you cannot read?
 
Luxury:  conjures all kind of things to me:  but it is one of those words that means something different to every one of us.  For me there is a city about half an hour away that makes wine from honey. Yes it is very sweet and oh so good. They have a raspberry wine that is the perfect companion to a rich piece of chocolate cake.  The sugar is so sweet your teeth ache but it is oh so good and a little goes a long way. 

I would like to have a skein of quiviut someday but at $95/ounce that is one yarn that I have to save up for. It is so soft.  I can only imagine a cowl around my neck not only for the warmth but the feel.

Magnum ice cream bars:  the chocolate caramel almond ones. When you take that first bite the chocolate cover cracks and out runs all the wonderful flavors inside.  They are not cheap but I consider them a splurge (a luxury).  

A rich cup of coffee especially on a cold day. It tastes so good and warms you up, is there anything better on a snowy cold winter day?

A skein of cashmere yarn, flannel sheets, a good book, a cup of cocoa, a rich red wine, champagne, chocolate and more chocolate, a cup of coffee, scones, fig newtons, are just some of my luxuries. I dont have them very often but to me they are a treat, a luxury I allow myself from time to time. I don't need or want a fur coat, lots of jewelry, a huge house or many houses, etc.     

What book goes with chocolate, all of them.  Chocolate goes with everything, doesn't it?  


No comments: