Tuesday, April 09, 2019

Week 11 Texture

* Do the colours found in nature inspire you when choosing fabrics, thread or yarn for different projects? Can you share an example?

* Jane uses a very basic lemon meringue pie recipe to highlight the longing she believes many of us have for simpler things, less complicated instructions and easy on the mind reading. What simpler things do you long for in this busy 21st century life?

* Share an example of textures in craft that you love. Could it be the twisted cable on a hand knitted cardigan, the mounds of white knotted stitches which meld together as a cauliflower on an old tea towel or the puffed rise of needle-turn applique on a beautiful quilt?


 I pretty much stick to colors I like for projects, not what is around me unless I am trying to coordinate something with the color theme of my rooms. 

I can't wait to try her lemon meringue pie, it sounds so yummy.  I have some lemons that need used so maybe tomorrow will be pie day.

I love cables, love to knit them love the wear them and love to look at them and figure out what kind of cable they are.  I also like the seed stitch, it looks like so much rich texture but is so simple to make.  I collect old doilies and dresser scarves because embroidery is not really my thing.. I love the old patterns and  colors to use in my home.  The knots and stitches are carefully created to create a beautiful picture. 

There is nothing like the dirt between your fingers as you work in the garden or the mud that oozes between your toes after a rain storm.  I prefer the clean feeling of wood floors over carpet.  I like sheer curtains over rich brocades that lock out the light.