Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Week 13 Domestic Poetry

With that in mind there's no questions this week but I'd love to hear your stories of the various handcrafts you began but never followed through with. Was it cross stitch like Jane, or patchwork, knitting??

Also, are you a reader of poetry? Is there a poem about domestic life you'd like to share.

The author talks about cross stitch. She never got into it.  I love to cross stitch but how many pillows and pictures does one need?  I have several pieces I want to work on and get them out every once in awhile. All I know is if we ever have an EMP I have enough to keep me busy along with my fabric and yarn and cross stitch and books.  My first piece was a cat face, not sure what possessed me to start something so difficult but I did.  I am not really into needlepoint, not sure why, maybe cos I don't like a pre-stamped picture to work from.  I do have a needlepoint canvas that was given to me by the owner of a yarn store in Florence.  I came home and bought the  yarn and I need to get it done. It is a picture of the river behind her store.  



She talks about poetry as if it is the love of her life. I never did get it.  I hear people talk about poems, I read them and I don't get it.  Just not my thing.  Now give me a good mystery or Western and I am good to go.
Fair Isle:  My fav thing to knit.  I would knit fair isle sweaters and socks if I had nothing else to work on.  My largest fair isle project is an Alice Starmore sweater Water Lily patterned after Monet's painting.  It took me 7 months to finish.  I don't wear it often, it is very warm because fair isle is like a self-lined garment.  Fair Isle is amazing to watch the pattern take shape.  A lot of Fair Isle is garish in the colors, but it is not easy to change the colors to make them look right.  I have a couple fair isle sweaters in my queue, maybe this winter.  

 

No comments: