Monday, September 08, 2008

Racist? Me Thinks So

I can't stand Oprah, she needs to go away and this just proves another reason why I think she is a racist arrogant bitch. IF I was Palin I would tell her no thanks if she ever asks her to be on the show.

Oprah’s Mind: Closed for Business?
By Andrea Tantaros
Republican Political Commentator

For a woman who used to encourage millions of females to “find their spirit” Oprah Winfrey has certainly lost hers. The queen of daytime gab fests refuses to have Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin as a guest on her program–at least not before Election Day. We all know she’s backing Barack Obama but why wouldn’t she interview the first female Republican ever to be nominated as vice president? Isn’t this the same woman who lauds women who do it all? “A career, babies, a husband, adversity…you go girl!” You don’t need to be Dr. Phil to diagnose O’s prideful, blatant favoritism. The icon used to give away cars. Now she gives away her obvious bias.


Someone as smart as Oprah should understand that by snubbing Palin she risks turning off even more of her viewers. Many flipped the channel when she didn’t support Hillary, but now this? (I’d bet more of Oprah’s viewers likely identify with Palin than they do Winfrey). She could, in fact, use this opportunity to even better her brand (though she probably doesn’t think she needs it). She could invite Palin on the show to showcase that even though she’s backing Barack she wants to celebrate the achievements of women in America. The dialogue would go something like this:

Oprah: “You know, Governor, it’s no secret I’m supporting Barack Obama.”

Palin: “I can appreciate your loyalty. I am fiercely loyal, too. Remember the whole pit bill - lipstick thing?”

Oprah: “But I must say, to be 44, a former point guard and beauty queen, a Governor, a reformer with five children, AND a special needs child and now the first Republican woman to be nominated Vice President. You have electrified women across the country. It’s monumental and as I woman I feel so proud. (Oprah raises her palm) High five girlfriend.”

Palin: (high fives O back)

Cue Chaka Khan’s “I’m Every Woman.” The audience goes berserk. Oprah’s ratings skyrocket as every housewife with big hair, a son in hockey and a teenage daughter watches at home with misty eyes and a spirit that Palin has helped them find.

Instead Oprah’s decided to ignore the interests of her viewers for her own personal wants. A bad business decision if you ask me.

If McCain pulls it off and Palin becomes Vice President she should skip “The Oprah Winfrey Show” and give an exclusive to “Ellen” instead. It’ll be there that they can blast “I’m Every Woman.” She’ll certainly have something to dance about.

No comments: