Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Funerals

I attended a funeral yesterday of one of my bff's from High School. Her mom was 75 the same age as mine. It kind of hit home for me. I feel very blessed to have both my parents alive at my age because many don't and one lady at work who is not even 40 has lost both of hers. Oh I admit sometimes they drive me nuts but I would not have it any other way. The preacher sucked but the only thing he did that had my attention was a poem about Mothers and how you never really lose your mom cos there is something everyday that reminds you of your mother. For instance my mother loves roses and when I see a beautiful rose it reminds me of my mom or pansies, they do have a smiling face if you look close enough. Bread baking reminds me of my mom, yellow reminds me of her cos she is almost alway a happy camper except for when dad drives her bonkers. My love of baking I get from her and my craft genes as well as my grandmothers.

It was an open casket which I do not believe in, why would you want to look at a dead person, those that say oh she looks so natural, no she doesn't she is dead. Anyway Ruth had been riddled with arthritis so bad she could not do anything so her pain is gone and she is in a better place. She decorated wedding cakes and there is truly not much better than wedding cake cold and butter cream frosting. I remember going there and eating the scraps, what good scraps they were.

This was my second funeral this year and that is 2 over my quota, so please God no more this year.

No comments: