Thursday, August 28, 2008

Some People

I was reading the Yarn Harlot's blog this morning. She told a story of riding and knitting on the subway. A little boy got on and was watching her and asked his mom what she was doing. His mother replied she was crocheting. The Yarn Harlot politely said she was knitting and the mother replied Excuse me I think I know the difference. Obviously not. Well the Yarn Harlot was speechless and said nothing back to her. WOw I feel sorry for the little boy cos I can only imagine what hell his life is living with that woman for a mother. Anyone who spends a lot of time in their life knitting knows the Yarn harlot knits. I know she does crochet because she recently crocheted an edging on her latest orange sweater. For those of you who dain to correct a knitter: Knitting uses 2-5 needles, crochet takes one. Knitting stitches look different than crocheted stitches and the differences go on. If it had been me I would have told the lady who I was and that I was knitting and embarassed her in front of her child. But then I have never been know for my tactfulness, I missed those genes somewhere.

No comments: