Thursday, December 14, 2023

Addictions

 We all have our addictions, shoes, chocolates, books, cats, yarn, etc etc etc.

This year I have a new one, they are bobble hot pads.  I found the pattern on okiegirlblingnthings,  She has some really cute patterns on there.  I made several for birthdays and tried to find yarn to make them look like flowers:  for instance I made sunflowers with a brown center, yellow bobbles and a green back.  I decided I had 3 craft Christmas parties to go to and went to my stash and grabbed all my Christmas looking dishcloth yarn.  You do not want to know how much I have (when Hobby Lobby went totally to their brand a few years ago, they put all the peaches and sugar and cream on clearance, i bought carts full).  

I wrote down how many I needed and how many each person got and ended up making 50.  They are so much fun to make and you can do a lot with the various colors.  I plan on making some for me next year for all the holiday months.  

My new addiction:  These are a few I made.  They are called Modern Round Crochet Potholder.  You can use them as a potholder but I prefer them for hot pads as the bobble keeps the hot pan up off the counter.  Go check out the pattern and make yourself some.  They make a great last minute gift and pair them with a dishcloth, well people will love them.




No comments: