Monday, September 19, 2022

RIP Queen Elizabeth

 Sitting here with my coffee watching the procession for the final event of the Queen's funeral.  While the whole thought of a Monarchy disgusts me, I admire the Queen.  Can you imagine at the age of 10 finding out someday you will be Queen and then at age 25 that actually comes about.  She has been the Queen all of my life and it will be strange not to see her on the news or hear about her.  She was a strong woman, and in her 96 years she was never allowed to live a normal life.  No matter how you feel about the Monarchy she was a woman little girls should have looked up to.  She saw a lot in her life and had a lot to deal with. She was strong but had that fun side to her which showed everyone once in a while.  When 9/11 hit here she grieved with us.  

I know blue was her fav color but I always thought she looked best in her yellow suit.  Her style was simple but elegant and I never saw her without her pocketbook.  I recently found out she did knit and crochet and hope she actually had time to sit and zone out her world and just relax and enjoy the craft.  

RIP Queen Elizabeth you have deserved the rest.

No comments: