Monday, September 29, 2014

She is Back

9-29-14 ~ Upade on Decorah's Four
She's Back!! Yep, just when we thought she was on her way to bluer skies, greener pastures, and starting her next chapter, Mz. FOUR made a return trip back to Decorah. As you recall from posts below, on 9-24 she took off and was at the Iowa/ Minnesota border. She ventured a bit futher on 9-25 and 9-26, before setting a new course back for home where she was spotted by Bob on Sunday 9-28.
Bob writes, " I set off on Sunday to locate our spec...ial eagle dubbed Four. The last reading before the satellite transmitter shut off on Saturday night put her approximately 1 mile SSW of the hatchery. I was getting a pretty strong telemetry reading in the same direction late this morning. I decided to set off on foot and track her down. As I was working my way along a mostly dried creek bed I saw an adult eagle that was on the ground. A minute or so later Four appeared flying directly over my head and landed very nearby in a small willow tree on the creek bank. She had little or no fear of me as I walked almost directly under her perch. I think there is a very good chance that the adult eagle she was hanging with was one of her parents as the hatchery was nearby."
So did she disperse? Was she on a fly-about? What's going on with our special girl? Amy has a great blog that may answer a lot of your questions at http://goo.gl/HKuYW1.
Robin was also in Decorah yesterday and as much as she tried to find out where she was, who she was with, what she ate, and why she came back ... Mz. FOUR didn't answer. We'll have some photos for you tonight of their visit so be sure to check back later tonight.