Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Why Are We So Ugly?

Yesterday I was perusing one of the groups I lurk in on Ravelry. The thread was talking about the new sock kits from KnitPicks. I looked at them but decided it would be a purchase for another day. The thread started with someone asking the question if the 3 different kits contained different sock patterns, you get 12 skeins of fingering weight in the same colorway with different pieces of the sock pattern so you can mix and match. The next response said there were approximately 3000 different socks you could come up with. The next response jumped all over the lady who came up with the roughly 3000 patterns possible. She questioned her math, said she got a different number, blah blah blah. Why would you do that. I know there is a formula for figuring out that kind of stuff but why not just leave it alone, and do what I did wow imagine knitting 3000 pairs of socks. Why do we have to be so ugly, when did American become a nation of ugly people who have to get in others faces and be rude and ugly? What purpose did it serve? It pissed me off and I did not finish reading the thread. I have noticed there are many ugly people on Ravelry, do you not have a life, no real face to face friends, so you come on line and become rude and ugly because your life sucks? STOP IT!

No comments: