Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day

Today is a day every American should be proud of. It is still a privilege that we can vote for our elected officials. This election has gone on way too long and honestly one of the candidates has been in our face for what seems like eternity. I left the house early and got to the polls at 5:45am, it was 60 degrees and a pretty morning to stand outside waiting to get in to vote. An hour later i had voted a straight Republican ticket except for the sheriff and on my way to work. I was gonna wait til the afternoon but my nervousness would not let me wait. As I was pulling out of the parking lot I felt a peace come over me as I told God I had done my part and now it was in His hands. I can only hope America has enough smart people to vote McCain into office.

I wanted Fred Thompson but in this case there is no way I would vote Democrat especially knowing what Pelosi/Reid/Frank has done to us.

Whatever happens I hope you voted because it is still a privilege at least for this election.

No comments: