Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Goodbye Harry, Hermione, and Ron

I was telling a friend of mine today that I feel like it is over. How many years have we waited for the next book, the next movie, etc to wander the halls of Hogwarts? He said he and his wife thought maybe they should actually see a movie or read one of the books so they knew what the world was talking about. I told him they must be the only people who have not experienced Harry Potter, the boy with the scar. I dont know that I want to see movie 5 even though it was my fav book or the other two except the magic scenes where Harry does battle. My niece is so much like Hermione, smart, a good person, totally into her books, etc.

I did not like the way she ended this book, just seemed so wrong and out of place, with lots of questions unanswered, who is running Hogwarts, what is Harry doing, etc. etc. etc. Ron and Hermione, what an odd pair dont know that I would have put them together but... I did not write the books. I also did not like that she killed Hedwig, how can you kill a pet, well ok killing Nargina was fine but then was Voldemort's pet really a pet?

I do have the Charmed Knits book and have marked several things I want to make out of there, so maybe I will keep the magic alive a little longer with my knitting.

PS The Yarn harlot will be close by in September so I hope to get a chance to go see her.

The kite is still in the tree.

1 comment:

Holly said...

O.K I have never read Harry Potter and I wanted to see what all this craze is about and why she was almost in tears over it, so I started the 1st book this weekend and I can not put it down. It is falling into my knitting time.