Sunday, September 08, 2024

Feral Update

 So I am pretty sure Lila is pregnant again and after trying to get her to just come in on her own, the trap is set to catch her and get her in and then get her fixed and she becomes an inside cat forever.

Licorice continues to come up in the morning, eat and sometimes nap on the deck and sometimes leaves after eating.

I think Lila moved the kittens again a couple of days ago. She has been hanging around in the back yard, looking for a new place to have kittens?  Anyway last night the kittens followed her and this morning she only came up with Chunky Monkey.  She barely ate and left.  She left him on the front porch crying for over half an hour and he finally left and went across the street like he is used to.  I have no idea where Charcoal and Grayson are. If she moved them where I think she did most of my ferals while outside (before coming in ) have lived in that area of a grove of trees and have been safe for many years.

Chunky Monkey now lets me pet him and this morning after he ate we sat on the front porch and we snuggled and I petted him.  I have a feeling he may come in soon on his own especially if Lila does.  The 3 are still so attached to her even though they are 4 1/2 months old. She on the other hand is slowly leaving them, probably cos she has a new batch on the way.

I feel bad about bringing her in and leaving them on their own, but everyone who works with cats says they will be fine, they know where shelter and food is.  They have been coming over on their own to eat, so.....we shall see.



No comments: