Friday, November 04, 2022

3 Years

 3 years ago today my dad went home.  12 days earlier he fell and broke his hip.  Surgery was postponed due to a UTI and when surgery happened he never came out of it, he was moved to ICU for 4 days and then the doctor said those dreaded words, there is nothing else we can do but move him to Hospice where they can take care of him until.....

I remember going in a room in the ICU and screaming til I could not scream anymore.  How could it be that my dad was going to die soon.  We had a wonderful day before going to the dentist, lunch, and the cardiologist.  I know God gave me that day.  

There are days the ache is so bad I can not function, he was my parent.  I followed in his footsteps, I was his mini me, we loved baseball (him Yankees me Dodgers) and chocolate.  We discussed and cussed the problems of the world and had many long conversations on just anything.  

There are times I see things and I know it is a sign from him.  I talk to him daily and I miss him more than I can say.  I love you dad and someday we can watch baseball again and eat chocolate together.





No comments: