Monday, November 11, 2019

There's a Hole in my Heart

There's a hole in my heart
That can only be filled by you
 And this hole in my heart
Can't be filled with the things I do. 

My father died a week ago today.  There is a huge hole in my heart that will never be repaired.  He was 95 1/2 and lived a hell of a life.  It was so sudden he fell and broke his hip and never came home after 10 days of being in ICU and hospice.  He had dementia, afib, and had to use a walker to walk.  I was going to have to put him in Memory Care soon and he would have hated it. 

His brother and sister and parents went before him.  He had not seen his sister for almost 60 years. I can only imagine the beautiful reunion between them.  He always hated he never got to spend much time with her here on earth.

He is whole again and is well, no more diseases that can't be cured.  I miss you dad so much, you were my best friend we could talk about anything, you gave me advice, taught me how to take care of myself and to be strong.  My mom always said you are just like your dad, that made me so happy.  I love you dad and am so proud to be your daughter.  Someday I will see you again and we can solve the world's problems.  Until then...


1 comment:

Becky G said...

I am so sorry about your father. You are right, it's a hole that will never be filled. My father died in 1995 at the age of 68. I still miss him.