Thursday, November 28, 2019

Thanksgiving

Today just sucks, my dad is not here and he would so love to have his pecan pie.  He would only have wanted that, maybe the angels made him a pie.  I remember one time when I was a kid and dad was going to school in OKC at the FAA Academy he had the flu and it was Thanksgiving. He suggested to mom we go out to eat and he only wanted his pecan pie. 

And today my refrigerator died, no more death in my life, be it people, or material objects,  I am not a fan of stores being open on holidays because it is all about the greed, but today I am thankful Best Buy is open so I can get the process started of me getting a new one.  This one only lasted 10 years, I expect at least 20 and these things ain't cheap either.

What I am most thankful for today is the day before my father's demise started we spent the day together.  We go to the dentist together and although he hated going there he loved them and they loved him right back. Because it took longer for me than him they would sit him out front and give him coffee and a cookie.  We went to Panera for lunch as it was in between our doctor appointments. He had his coffee and potato soup and we split a sugar cookie. Then he had a cardio appointment and got a clean bill of health.  We had so much fun and solved the world's problems and just enjoyed the day together.  I never figured it would be the last time I would spend with my dad that he would know who I was and be well enough that we could enjoy the day together.  Thank you God for letting me have this one last day on earth with my dad. 

No comments: