Thursday, August 31, 2017

Tomatoes and Dragons

I love cherry tomatoes especially the yellow ones. I got this one plant of yellow bells and holy crap batman, it is growing like there is no tomorrow, it is crawling over the brick flower bed onto the front porch. I hope I dont go out the front door one day and it eats me.



The Rose of Sharon is finally blooming, I think she got too much rain and not enough sun.


The fennel and larkspur have got a second wind with the cool temps and rain. I have never grown larkspur but i will again.  I have a new caterpillar.






This was a sunflower until the deer overnight ate all the flowers about to pop out.  That deer sure would taste good on my plate.  

The marigolds are providing for some seeds for next year.  I love marigolds in all the colors and love the smell as well.  This one thinks the grass is greener on the other side.

 



  NO this is not a flower.  I was asked to make this little red dragon for part of a item to be auctioned at the Irish Center Gala last week.  He is a Susan B Anderson pattern.