Saturday, August 29, 2015

A New Decade

Officially in a few hours I will start a new decade in my life.  I have no idea where this past one went but it is gone and there is no looking back.  The best part of it is I retired and it is pure freedom. I am busier than when I worked BUT I am doing what I want to do.  This next decade brings the final journey of my parents moving to an independent living/assisted living facility, my niece will get her degree and hopefully a great job and a house.  All I know is there is a new chapter of my life about to get written and I wonder what all it will entail. 

As I was eating lunch at moms I realized this was probably the last birthday meal and cake she would ever make me.  She fixed my favs, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, frozen corn, homemade baking powder biscuits and an orange cake with buttercream frosting shaped as a cat face.  There was my usual gift of fig newtons (my fav cookie) and the decorations on the table.  Fixing a big meal like this tires her out and I told he we could go out but she insisted.  So I will savor every moment of today and treasure it always.

My parents got me a stool for my spinning wheel and when I get them all moved and settled next spring I hope to be able to get back to learning how to spin.  My mom also got me an orchid and hisbicus, new plants.  I love plants and they grow very well in my house.

My mom's Siamese cat is a hoot, he was a stray and look how beautiful he is.