Friday, November 16, 2012

Bye Bye Twinkies

If you are a Twinkie lover you best go stock up and prepare to say goodbye. Due to the *&^%$# unions they are closing. I hate unions but that is for another post. While I am not a Twinkie or Ding Dong fan, snowballs have a special place in my heart. When I was a kid we used to have a dessert supper occcassionally on Sundays. Mom made everything from scratch and a store bought cookie or loaf of bread was considered a treat for us. We would go to the store and get a half gallon of ice cream and 3-4 packages of store bought cookies. We always got snowballs. I love the chocolate cookie, the coconut and the squishy peep-like marshmallow. I need to find my Wal-Mart list and put snowballs on them. My heart goes out to the employees who are caught up in this. Shame on you unions.