Tuesday, July 03, 2012

D12

Today we learned that this magnificent creature was killed Sunday morning. I know nature is nature but... I watched her from the time she was hatched to the time when she fledged and now she is gone. She was found by the power company and had been electrocuted. It sucks. I feel like I have lost one of my own pets. While she had fledged she was still around the nest for awhile learning to fish and hunt and eventually leave on her own to build herself a full life. This was the first born this year to mom and dad along with two others. This one was a handful, always in trouble, always first in line to eat and bullying the other two. I know we all have a certain number of days here on earth but honestly it should not have been her time. Anyway soar with the eagles who have gone before you and you are in God's hands now. You will be missed.