Friday, June 22, 2012

I Haz a Sad

The cams on the Decorah Eagle nest will be shut down on the 30th at 8pm, I need to make myself a reminder as I will be at Roller Derby. The eaglets have fledged and we hardly see them anymore. Mom is sitting on the Y in the cottonwood at the moment. I wonder if she is thinking about losing her babies, or as animals do they even grieve. I know I will be crying wondering where they are and if they are safe and knowing I will never see them again. I have watched them since they started pipping and were hatched about 12 weeks ago. It has been a true miracle to watch this event and I know I will be back in November when the cameras are turned back on, the courting starts and the eggs are laid and we do this all over again. Thanks to the Raptor Resource Project for giving millions of us across the world this magnificent view of nature and learning more than I could ever imagine about eagles. Be safe little ones, and may God watch over you. I will miss you.