Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spud and Chloe





Can I just say how much I love Susan B Anderson's patterns, I now have all of her books. The latest in great books for kids is Spud and Chloe at the Farm. When I retire I want to knit toys and take them to the Ronald McDonald house for kids who are there for extended periods of time who may not have had the time to pack something to play with. The "farm" book is the perfect book for this. You can check it out at Knitpicks, Amazon, over there, and maybe even your lys.

There is a barn, fence, bales of hay, mice, pigs, cows, dogs, cats, sheep, and of course Chloe who is in charge of them all. They are way too cute.

I wanted to start on them but where to start, well I need to make some Easter things so I started with Spud. I can't find the called for yarn locally so I thought Sugar and cream would work, I got 2 colors and then I found rose that is scented so the lambs will smell good.

I have started on the body and the twist stich is cute but a lot of work. If you like to knit toys get the book and have some fun. Will post pics as Spud gets done.

No comments: