Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Who Needs a New Rug?





I had purchased quite a few of these washcloth packs at Kohl's. They are regularly $9.99for 12 and come in all colors and some are larger than others. They were sitting in my craft room and as I walked by a pack one day I thought I can make rugs out of these for my front door. That way if they get dirty or happen to become a hairball catcher you can throw them in the washer and dryer and voila your rug is clean. I don't need to spend $500 on a rug that I made and had to search the world over for the perfect color and fabric for something that is gonna have mud and hairballs on. BTW you can wait til these go on sale and you have your discount coupon and pick them up for about $2 for a pack of 12, pretty cheap rug if you ask me and it takes about an hour to sew. Just lay out the squares and sew them up, I use the blanket stitch on my machine. The all green one is for March and St Pat's day and folded over as they come out quite large. The yellow/green/white one is for Easter and April and Spring and will be folder over as well.

No comments: