Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Roller Derby

When I was a kid and we lived in LA I used to watch Roller Derby. It was not like Roller Derby today, they were much rougher, bigger tracks and slanted upwards. I would put on my skates (the old fashioned kind with the key that was strapped to your shoes) and pretend to be a Roller Derby girl.

I went to the Roller Derby Saturday night, what a hoot. We started with the Color Guard and the National Anthem. Then two games, the B team and A team that travels. We skunked NW Arkansas. Anyway if you have Roller Derby in your town go to a game, it will be some of the funnest 4 hours you ever spend. I know I am going back.

Maybe when I retire I can start my next career as the oldest Roller Derby Girl. Now all I need is my roller derby name: I think "Crabby Knitter."

No comments: