Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Electric Vehicles Could Get A Volt

Hamburger? Fries? Milk shake? Want to throw an electrical charge in with that?

Yes, voltage is on the menu at a McDonald's near Raleigh, NC.

At least 535 charging stations are operating in the US at hotels, parking garages, airports, libraries and even a pizzeria. Nearly 80% are in California. (It figures).

The Nissan Leaf can go 100 miles on a battery charge, compared with the Chevrolet Volt's 40 miles. If I owned a Volt I could not even get to my lys without stopping to charge.

Numnuts wants to put 1 million plug-in vehicles on the road by 2015. Somehow I can't see him trading in his Hemi for a Leaf. The government is spending $2.4 billion to encourage companies to develop electric vehicles. It takes 8 hours to fully charge the Leaf at 220V and 20 hours to charge at 110V. What if you have a power outage, how do you charge your car and how much is this gonna skyrocket electricity rates with crap and tax about to hit.

Personally I drive a Murano and she burns Premium. I dare you to make me get rid of her.

No comments: