Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sarah Palin

I had the honor and privilege to see Sarah Palin on Saturday. What an amazing woman she is, I am so glad my niece has her for a role model as she becomes an adult. I got up at 4:30am and left the house at 6am. I got to Des Moines around 9am and got my tickets and yard signs, got my parking spot and got in line at 9:30am. She was to speak at 1:30pm. They let us in at 11 and I got right up front. If you are going make sure you stand in front of the steps closest to the podium she comes donw them first. I got to shake her hand first, she loved my shirt and got her autograph and some pictures that I will post later. Aaron Tippin sang a few songs prior to her arrival. His wife has a beautiful voice. We did have the Star Spangled Banner and Pledge of Allegiance (another reason Nobama is not an American). Piper and Willow came out with her. Piper grabbed a mike and said a few words ending with "Don't forget to vote for my mom." To which Governor Palin replied I did not tell her to say that. I have to say this was one of the best days of my life to think I got to meet the next Vice President of the US.

What bothered me most about the day was the fact that two families had Down Syndrome children. They used these children to be absolutely rude like having a child with needs gives them special privilege to be rude and mean. I was watching Sarah go down the line meeting people and someone was pushing at me and swearing. I turned around and saw a small child yelling at the top of her lungs screaming Sarah. She was swearing and telling me to move she had a right to see Sarah. Then one man had a child less than a year old and demanded I move so he could see Sarah. Well if you had been nice I would have tried to move but since you were downright rude and mean, I stood my ground. Having a special needs child does not give you the right to be rude and mean.

No comments: