Tuesday, October 28, 2008

American is Grieving

I did not write this but it sure expresses how I have been feeling lately. I do not understand why anyone would vote Democrat this year after this campaign and what Peliso/Reid/Frank have done to us.


Over the past several days, while I have been purposefully alone with my thoughts, I have felt a heaviness of heart and have been filled with an overwhelming sense of nothing but pure, unadulterated shock and dismay at what I have been seeing in our country. In those quiet moments, away from the television and internet, I’ve been overcome, at times, with a deep sense of pain and hurt that’s almost indescribable. The closest I can come to explaining what I feel is Grief. I am grieving for our country.

I am grieved when the national media is concerned about Sarah Palin dropping her g’s when she talks, is completely unmoved by the fact that the man who would lead our country hasn’t been made to tell the American people why he chose to be friends with, write blurbs for, attend panels with, sit in a church pew, for 20 long years listening to, took money from, represented in court, and paid campaign cash to all kinds of people who have either hated America all of their known lives or have actually bombed its symbols. That grieves me.

I’m grieved when I hear well-known Republicans cast aside all of their supposedly core convictions in order to jump on a bandwagon of popular feeling…even though they share not one single viewpoint.

I’m grieved when I hear of upstanding conservative leaders in my community saying they’re voting for Obama out of spite because they don’t like McCain…or not voting at all. These are people I have looked up to and admired. I wonder what they would tell their children about their decision. I wonder what kind of lesson they are teaching them, what kind of legacy they think they are leaving or what kind of example they think they are setting. Didn’t they always teach their children that no matter what the crowd might go along with, if it’s wrong, you take a stand for what’s right? Didn’t they teach them about honor and integrity? I no longer admire these people…and that grieves me.

I’m also grieved when innocent, good people I’ve known all my life are afraid to put a sign in their yard or a bumper-sticker on their car….and I wonder what kind of country we have become when the citizens who pay their taxes, work hard, own their homes and give to charity to help their fellow Americans, have to feel afraid in neighborhoods they’ve lived all their lives.

I’m grieved that a man who is looked up to by millions, doesn’t feel a responsibility to ask his own supporters and campaign workers to appeal to their better natures. I’m grieved that he has been given a national platform to make speeches to millions of Americans and, instead of calling for peace, goodwill and morality in a long campaign, he chooses to remind Americans of a tormented time in our past for his own personal gain. If that isn’t shameless evil, I don’t know what is.

I’m grieved that well-educated, well-read, worldly intellectuals in our country look down their nose on a woman who decided to run for public office to make her community better, a woman who they acknowledge ran for governor for that same reason; for the sake of her constituents. The fact that these same constituents, the ones whose opinion really matters, overwhelmingly approve of how she’s done that job for them. I’m grieved that these intellectuals don’t have the intellect to understand what a governor does to affect real people’s lives. It’s certainly not by writing a piece in the New York Times or appearing on CNN to share your knowledge of what you think “real people” need to know. I’m grieved that these people are allowed a 24/7 platform from their ivory Manhattan towers to demean millions of Americans who feel they have finally found a politician who speaks their language….g’s dropping and all.

I’m grieved that true journalism, which is the foundation of maintaining free speech in America, is dead.

I’m grieved that a man in middle America gets more scrutiny and investigation for asking Obama a straight-up question, than Obama has ever gotten about his economic plans since he started running for president. I’m grieved that there have been satellite trucks parked outside Joe the Plumber’s house since he asked that question, when Americans have nothing to fear from Joe at all, while there are no satellites outside Obama’s patrons Khalid Al-Mansour and/or Bill Ayers.

I’m grieved that pundits of the mainstream media have become the public relations arm of a national political campaign and that they daily, and incessantly, infer that normal Americans who want to know who a man is before they vote for him has to be somehow “racist”. I am grieved that that word is flung far and wide at anyone who expresses their decision not to vote for a man, for the legitimate reasons of his lack of the basic experience, achievement, record and judgment, that person in that position, and who aspires for the highest office in the land, should posses.

I’m grieved that, 12 days out, there are still so much that the American people haven’t been told, and that its been a concerted effort by people in places of authority and responsibility to conceal that information.

I’m grieved that Piper Palin, an innocent little girl who simply just loves her mother, would be subjected to such vile, sadistic, mocking treatment of her mother by adults who are supposed to set an example for children. I’m grieved at what Piper is seeing of America and what it must be telling her innocent little heart.

I’m grieved that Trig Palin, who can’t even talk or walk yet, has been the subject of more questions than a known, unrepentant domestic terrorist who is not ashamed of bombing and killing Americans.

If I were Jewish, I would be renting my garments now. As a Christian, I can only fall on my knees and pour my grief out in prayer.

Note: Substitute grieve(d) with indignant or angry and my resolve to act on behalf of a better America will be shown in it’s glory.

No comments: