Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Election Day Socks


I wanted to knit something for election day and I found some red/white/blue Regia sock yarn, so I made a pair of socks. You can not wear any party stuff so I figured the socks would work. There is however a story here as well. I took the socks to Italy with me. Finished the second sock during the flight from Rome to NYC. The yarn had dropped on the floor, so I let it lay there, you know where this is going. I finished the sock, sewed up the toe and put everything away forgetting all about the yarn. As I was sitting in the NYC airport starting on another sock I wondered where the other half of my skein was, yep still on the airplane. I hope someone who found it either knits or gave it to a knitter, I would hate to think it got tossed.

No comments: