Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween and Happy Anniversary to My Parents

Today is my fav day of the year. It is also my parents 54th wedding anniversary. WOW 54 years togther. My little brother is getting old.

Some of my best Halloweens were in OKC in my grade school years. Dad worked for the FAA and when he needed to get certified on a new piece of equipment we packed up and went to Okey Dokey for however long the school was.

We always lived in Parkview Village, about 200 units in a U shape with 7 apartments in each section. Halloween was heaven for a kid living there. I don't ever remember what costumes we had but I think my brother went as Huckleberry HOund one year. But I do remember the candy. We took grocery sacks and that was the good old days when we got candy apples, popcorn balls, and tons of SAFE candy. What happened, why did sick bastards have to ruin a happy day for kids. We had parties at school, lots of sugar, cupcakes, candy, kool-aid (It was safe to drink kool-aid when I was a kid). We had to walk past a decrepit factory onthe way to school and there was a creek along beside it. Sometimes it was foggy and creepy, we always pretended there were trolls in the creek especially around Halloween.

So if you are middle aged like me you probably what a great time Halloween was and if not I am sorry some very sick people ruined a great day for you.

HAPPY Trick or Treating

No comments: